Friday 17 May 2013

The values of current I flowing in a given resistor for the corresponding values

Question 7:
The values of current I flowing in a given resistor for the corresponding values of potential difference V across the resistor are given below

I (Amperes)
0.5
1.0
2.0
3.0
4.0
V (volts)
1.6
3.4
6.7
10.2
13.2

Plot a graph between V and I and calculate the resistance of that resistor. 
Solution:
The voltage is plotted on x-axis and current is plotted on y-axis. The values of the current for different values of the voltage are shown in the given table.
The IV characteristic of the given resistor is plotted in the following figure.
 


8 comments:

  1. resistance??????????????????

    ReplyDelete
  2. The above diagram is wrong. Current should be on x-axis and voltage should be on y-axis.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How to find our resistance in this situation plz explain me

    ReplyDelete